TPS61023 device is a synchronous boost converter with 0.5-V ultra-low input voltage. The device provides a power supply solution for portable equipment and smart devices powered by various batteries and super capacitors. The TPS61023 has typical 3.7-A valley switch current limit over full temperature range. With a wide input voltage range of 0.5 V to 5.5 V, the TPS61023 supports super capacitor backup power applications, which may deeply discharge the super capacitor.
The TPS61023 operates at 1-MHz switching frequency when the input voltage is above 1.5 V. The switching frequency decreases gradually to 0.5 MHz when the input voltage is below 1.5 V down to 1 V. The TPS61023 enters power-save mode at light load condition to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. The TPS61023 consumes a 20-µA quiescent current from VOUT in light load condition. During shutdown, the TPS61023 is completely disconnected from the input power and only consumes a 0.1-µA current to achieve long battery life. The TPS61023 has 5.7-V output overvoltage protection, output short circuit protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
The TPS61023 offers a very small solution size with 1.2-mm × 1.6-mm SOT563 (DRL) package and minimum amount of external components.
- Input voltage range: 0.5V to 5.5V
- 1.8V Minimum input voltage for start-up
- Output voltage setting range: 2.2V to 5.5V
- Two 47mΩ (LS) / 68mΩ (HS) MOSFETs
- 3.7A Valley switching current limit
- 94% Efficiency at VIN = 3.6V, VOUT = 5V and IOUT = 1.5A
- 1MHz Switching frequency when VIN > 1.5V and 0.5MHz switching frequency when VIN < 1V
- Typical 0.1µA shutdown current from VIN and SW
- ±2.5% Reference voltage accuracy over -40°C to +125°C
- Auto PFM operation mode at light load
- Pass-through mode when VIN > VOUT
- True disconnection between input and output during shutdown
- Output overvoltage and thermal shutdown protection
- Output short-circuit protection
- 1.2mm × 1.6mm SOT563 (DRL) 6-pin package
more information: https://www.ti.com/product/TPS61023